NOBLE's Mission and Vision, Guiding Principles and Objectives
To ensure equity in the administration of justice in the provision of public service to all communities, and to serve as the conscience of law enforcement by being committed to justice by action.
The goal of NOBLE is to be recognized as a highly competent, public service organization that is at the forefront of providing solutions to law enforcement issues and concerns, as well as to the ever-changing needs of our communities.
- Respect: Law enforcement must be respectful of the rights of all persons.
- Uncompromising Integrity: NOBLE will conduct its business according to ethical standards of law enforcement.
- Courage of Convictions: NOBLE will be proactive in addressing issues of controversial law-enforcement policies and practices.
- Accountability: NOBLE promotes the principle of mutual accountability between the criminal justice system and the community.
- Community: The community must be an integral part of the criminal justice system, with particular attention being given to
criminal justice issues that affect the African American community
- Value Diversity: NOBLE promotes the value of diversity at all levels throughout the criminal justice system.
The objectives that are employed to implement the goal of the organization include:
- Mentoring - NOBLE members are committed to mentoring as a way of life;
- An emphasis on being a competent learning organization that continuously learns from the collective knowledge of its members, and other sources of criminal justice research and data, while simultaneously working to rapidly convert this learning into action;
- Working to ensure long-term organizational stability by identifying and establishing mutually beneficial relationships with corporations and other funding sources;
- Recommending and executing policies, processes and procedures that recognize and pursue goals common to all segments of the community and law enforcement, with a focus on ensuring strict accountability and uncompromising integrity;
- Promoting and encouraging attitudes and characteristics that permit adaptability to the changing demands placed on law enforcement, and the development of professional and communication competencies that help view, comprehend and shape appropriate responses to an ever-changing environment; and
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of NOBLE through a clearly defined and shared sense of purpose and commitment among its members.